The academic year is divided into three terms
- 1ST TERM- JANUARY--- APRIL
- 2ND TERM --- MAY --JULY/AUGUST
- 3RD TERM – AUGUST – DECEMBER
1) Admission for KG-I for the Session-2014
admitted in K.G.I will be appearing for C.B.S.E. with English as first
language, as the school is in the process of changing over to C.B.S.E. from
are invited from the parents of the K.G-1 candidates in the format specified
may be sent addressed to
Gokhale memorial Girls
1/1 Harish Mukherjee Road
West Bengal - 700020
Format of the Application
of the Child.
name and occupation.
name and occupation.
with Telephone No.
of birth (Must be 4+ years by 2nd January 2014 attested Xerox of Birth/Discharge from Hospital or Nursing
Home to be enclosed.)
studying in this School- Yes / No
Documents to be attached along with the Application:
Certificate/Income Tax return and Trade License must be attached along with the
send a self addressed stamped envelope.
will be received from 26th August to 6th September 2013 between 10 am to 4 pm.
candidates will be called for interview in the month of October 2013.
list of the names of the candidates selected for interview will be put on the
School notice board on 8th October 2013 at 4 pm.Decision
taken by the school management, regarding admission is final
2) NOTICE FOR NEW ADMISSION FOR THE SESSION 2014
A few vacancies are there in classes K.G II-IV for the session 2014.
Interested parents may apply according to the format given below by 06.12.2013.
List of eligible candidates to sit for admission test will be put up on 13.12.2013 at 4.00 p.m.
Format of the Application
- Name of the child.
- Father’s name and occupation.
- Mother’s name and occupation.
- Address with Telephone No.
- Date of birth (attested copy of Birth/Discharge Certificate from Hospital/Nursing Home to be enclosed).
- Class in which admission is sought(superscribe on the envelop also)
- Name of the School reading at present.
- Medium of instruction.
- Sister studying in this School.
A copy of the salary slip/trade license/income tax return certificate of the parent to be attached.
Transfer Certificate to be produced where and when necessary.
FOR I.C.S.E. AND C.B.S.E. CANDIDATES 2014
ADMISSION TO CLASS XI
( 10+2 ) COURSE FOR THE SESSION : 2014 –2015
- Gokhale Memorial Girls’ School is an
English Medium School of excellence with Bengali as 1st .
Language and English as 2nd . Language.
- ELECTIVE SUBJECTS :
( i ) Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics ( Compulsory ).
( ii ) Biology / Statistics / Computer Science. ( Any One ).
Elective Subjects :
Political Science, (ii) Education, (iii) Economics, (iv) Philosophy, (v) History/Mathematics (vi)
Geography / Home Management & Family Resource Management,(vii )
Music / Computer Application.
Elective Subjects :
(ii) Business Studies, (iii) Economics, (iv) Computer Application , (v) Mathematics.
4. Candidates passed I.C.S.E. / C.B.S.E. with Science and Mathematics along with other compulsory subjects may apply on a plain paper in their own handwriting as per format given below for appearing in the Admission Test provided they satisfy the following criteria. West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education will not register the names of students, who do not have Science, Mathematics and all other compulsory subjects at the ICSE & CBSE level. Application should be addressed to the Headmistress, GOKHALE MEMORIAL GIRLS’ SCHOOL, 1/1, Harish Mukherjee Road, Kol. – 20, and will be received noon.
Application should be supported by an attested copy of Mark-sheet, Admit Card and Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended, Incomplete application or non-compliance of criteria is liable to be rejected. Application does not guarantee eligibility to sit for the Admission Test .In this regard Authority’s decision is final and no subsequent communication (verbal or written) will be entertained.
List of Candidates eligible to sit for the test will be put up on …………………….. at 3:00 p.m.
List of Candidates eligible to sit for the
test will be put up on__________
5. FORMAT OF THE APPLICATION :
1. Name of the Applicant :
2. Father’s Name :
3. Father’s Occupation / Profession :
4. Mother’s Name :
5. Mother’s occupation if any :
6. Monthly Income :
7. Address :
8. Date of Birth :
9. Name of the qualifying examination :
10. Year of Passing :
11. Name of the School last attended :
12. Admission sought in Humanities / Science / Commerce group
13. Reference if any
SCIENCE GROUP : 80% marks in Aggregate, 80% in Mathematics
and 80% in Science group. Candidates are required to appear for Bengali,
Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology test ( Biology if opted for). (B)
HUMANITIES / COMMERCE GROUP : 70% marks in Aggregate. Candidates
are required to appear for Bengali test only. But, candidates intending to take
up either Mathematics or Statistics or both as elective subjects must have 80%
marks in Mathematics (Statistics cannot be offered without Mathematics) and
they are also required to appear for Mathematics test. (C)
70% marks in English is essential for all category of candidates i.e. Science,
Humanities and Commerce. 50% marks in Mathematics is also required to take up
Commerce Group including Computer Application.
- Admission Test will be held on …………
from ______ to _______. Each subject will carry 50 marks ( One and half hour duration )
- Candidates will have to bring their
own Tiffin and Stationery – (Foolscap ruled Paper, Pen and Pencil etc.)
- Result along with the Notice for
Admission procedure will be walled up on
to be taken on ………………… between _____________
will commence from ……………… at _______.
– Teacher meeting will be held on ……………….. at _______p.m.
FOR MADHYAMIK (2013) CANDIDATES OF WEST BENGAL BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION ONLY
ADMISSION TO CLASS XI ( 10+2 ) COURSE FOR THE SESSION : 2014 –2015
2. Elective Subjects
- Gokhale Memorial Girls’ School is an English Medium School of excellence with Bengali as First Language and English as Second Language.
i. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (Compulsory)
ii. Biology/Statistics / Computer Science (Any One).
i. Political Science ii. Education iii. Economics iv. Philosophy v. History/Mathematics vi.
Geography/Home Management & Family Resource Management vii.Music/Computer Application.
i. Accountancy, ii. Business Studies, iii. Economics, iv. Computer Application, v. Mathematics.
3. Notified that successful candidates of Madhyamik Pariksha (SE), 2014 may collect the Application forms for admission to Class XI (10+2) Course for the session 2014 – 2015 on production of original mark-sheet provided they satisfy the following criteria and on payment of Rs. 200/-( Rupees Two hundred ) only between and from 10:30 A.M. to 1:30 P.M. Spot admission will be done for Science, Humanities and Commerce students with outstanding result subject to discretion of the authority
(A) SCIENCE GROUP : Eligibility for Gokhalites and Non-Gokhalites to procure the Application Forms :-
(a) 75% marks in Aggregate (b) 70% in Mathematics (c) 75% in Science Group
(d) Non-Gokhalites must secure at least 60% in English.
(B) HUMANITIES / COMMERCE GROUP :
( i ) All Gokhalites are eligible to procure the forms.
( ii ) Non-Gokhalites are required to secure 60% marks in Aggregate and 60% in English.
( iii ) 40% marks in Mathematics is also required to take up Commerce Group including Computer Application for Gokhalite and Non-Gokhalite both.
( iv ) Both Gokhalite and Non-Gokhalite who intend to take up either Mathematics or Statistics or both as Elective subjects must have 75% marks in Mathematics.(Statistics cannot be offered without Mathematics).
5. Application Forms duly filled up by the candidates along with attested copy of Mark-sheet, Admit Card and Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended must be submitted between ………………… and ……………. from 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
6. Application does not guarantee admission. In this regard Authority’s decision is final and no subsequent communication (verbal or written ) will be entertained.
7. List of selected candidates will be published on ……………… at 2:00 p.m.
8. Admission to be taken latest by …………….. & …………….. by 1:00 p.m.
9. Classes will commence from …………… at 10:00 a.m.
10. Parent – Teacher meeting will be held on ……………. at 2:40 p.m.